Wednesday, April 18, 2012

cracked open

I saw Deb's helping hand
then I hopped into the shower with tears stuck in my throat and an ache in my heart.
I've wanted a life of choosing and following my own bliss for so long now
and I've feared what may come through that open door for so long too
that I unwillingly sealed it shut with self-doubt and aim-less terror and goal-less goop.

Fuck that.

And so I begin again with goddess-given enthusiasm
and an oath to myself that, damn it, it begins here and with me.

Fuck fear and all the other crap that comes from hiding behind that door
Got my crow bar welded of courage, tenacity and a huge dollop of inspiration
from angels in disguise.

3 comments:

  1. Go get em girl!
    if the crow bar doesn't work, Use it like a hammer!
    ~laughing~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stride on ahead, my friend, clear of eye and firm of step - there is a whole wide wonderful world out there waiting for you. The world needs you, and so do we.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes, yes! Being someone who has hidden, started over, and (inconsistently) told my own fears to fuck off more times than I can count, I assure you that each time, it gets easier. Each time, I shout louder. Each time, I am closer to where I have always wanted to be. So, Yes! I shout with you, smiling and doing my happy dance :)

    ReplyDelete